MRCKC Executive Committee Vice-Chair
Position Summary: The MRCKC Vice-Chair is the primary liaison to local Emergency Management, Public Health and Disaster Response agencies. The Vice-Chair presides at MRCKC Executive Committee and Full-Corps meetings when the Chair is absent and is expected to assist the Executive Committee by providing insight into methods by which the MRCKC can remain an active participant in disaster response, public health out-reach and other regional initiatives through exercise participation, training facilitation and collaborative planning efforts.
Elected By: MRCKC Full-Corps
Length of Term: 2 years, with eligibility for re-election to one additional 2-year term if desired.
Time Commitment: 100% of Chaired Meetings, 80% of Executive Committee Meetings, 60% of Full Corps Meetings,
2 Events open to all trained MRCKC Volunteers
Reports To: The Executive Committee
- Attends Executive Committee Meetings and participates actively
- Works with the MRCKC Chair and Volunteer Coordinator to draft agendas for MRCKC Co-Chair and Executive Committee meetings
- Understands the responsibilities of the Chair and is able to perform these duties in the absence of the Chair
- Represents the MRCKC Executive Committee on related MRCKC Work Groups
- Represents the MRCKC Executive Committee on RHSCC Subcommittees and regional planning events as needed
- In collaboration with the Chair, and MRCKC Advisory Committee, provides leadership to Subcommittee and Taskforce Chairs
- Acts as a liaison to Voluntary Disaster Response Organizations, Emergency Management Agencies, Public Health Departments and any additional stakeholders in the Kansas City Metro Region
- Participates in at least two MRCKC Events per calendar year. Events must be open to all trained MRCKC Volunteers and cannot be an MRCKC Executive Committee or Workgroup meeting. Examples include but are not limited to: Community outreach events, training, workshops, and regional exercises.
- Responds to requests for information via telecommunications within 48-hours of receipt for non-urgent messages and within 12-hours of receipt for urgent messages
- Acts as a back-up Emergency Contact to the Volunteer Coordinator and is available through phone call, SMS or telecommunications 24-hours a day, 7-days a week during times of deployment or for the entire duration of events where MRCKC volunteers are active
- Completion of all training required of MRCKC Volunteers
- A commitment to the values and mission of the MRCKC
- Knowledge, experience and appreciation for the work of volunteers
- Comprehensive understanding of how the MRCKC integrates into the KC Metro Region
- Comprehensive understanding of Regional Homeland Security Coordination Committee structure, policies and methods of operation
- Knowledge of KC Metro Regional Emergency Planning initiatives
- Knowledge of KC Metro Regional Public Health Planning initiatives
- Knowledge of KC Metro Regional Disaster Volunteer initiatives
- Positive working relationship with KC Metro stakeholders and ability to demonstrate diplomacy when working with local, state and federal planning and response partners
- Ability to pass a Red Cross background check
For more information about the Medical Reserve Corps of Greater Kansas City, contact our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-701-8242.