MRCKC Executive Committee Nursing Services Officer
Position Summary: The MRCKC Nursing Services Officer is the primary contact for nurses both affiliated with MRCKC and those for whom affiliation would benefit MRCKC. The MRCKC Nursing Services Officer attends MRCKC Executive Committee and Full-Corps meetings and is expected to assist the Executive Committee by providing insight into methods by which the MRCKC can best utilize nurses through exercise participation, training facilitation and collaborative planning efforts.
Elected By: MRCKC Full-Corps
Length of Term: 2 years with re-election for one additional 2 year term, if desired
Time Commitment: 80% of Executive Committee Meetings, 60% of Full Corps Meetings, and
2 Events open to all trained MRCKC Volunteers each year
Reports To: The Executive Committee
- Works with nursing groups, including area nursing schools in Kansas and Missouri, to help recruit new volunteers to MRCKC
- Works with the Executive Committee to define projects/activities that fall within the mission and goals of the MRCKC
- Participates in the preparation and review of MRCKC policies keeping in mind the skill set and potential training required to accomplish those policies
- Heads the Wellness Committee, including supporting community health fair and wellness event requests made through our website. Screens events and helps to coordinate these along with Volunteer Coordinator.
- Assists in management of Wellness equipment inventory and maintenance. Makes recommendations for additional supplies and equipment for purchase to Executive Committee, etc.
- Responsible for communications with Wellness Team members and keeping updated log of members. Hold Committee meetings as needed..
- Participates in at least two MRCKC Events per calendar year. Events must be open to all trained MRCKC Volunteers and cannot be an MRCKC Executive Committee or Subcommittee meeting. Examples include but are not limited to: Community outreach events, training, workshops, and regional exercises.
- Responds to requests for information via telecommunications within 48-hours of receipt for non-urgent messages and within 24-hours of receipt for urgent messages
- Completion of all training required of MRCKC Volunteers
- A commitment to the value and mission of the MRCKC
- Knowledge, experience and appreciation for the work of volunteers
- Comprehensive understanding of how the MRCKC integrates into the KC Metro Region
- Comprehensive understanding of Regional Homeland Security Coordination Committee structure, policies and methods of operation
- Positive working relationship with KC Metro stakeholders and ability to demonstrate diplomacy when working with local, state and federal planning and response partners
- Ability to pass a Red Cross background check
For more information about the Medical Reserve Corps of Greater Kansas City, contact us at email@example.com.