MRCKC Command Staff Chair
Position Summary: The primary responsibility Executive Committee Chair is to provide leadership to the Executive Committee to enhance its effectiveness. The Chair shall set the “tone” for the Committee and its members to foster ethical and responsible decision making and ensure that members are kept informed of MRCKC matters. The chair, in collaboration with the MRCKC Executive Committee, assigns projects and tasks to work groups.
Elected by: MRCKC Full Corps or as appointed by the director
Length of Term: 3 years, with eligibility for re-election to one additional 3 year term if desired.
Time Commitment: 80% of Executive Committee Meetings, 60% of Full Corps Meetings, and
2 Events open to all trained MRCKC Volunteers.
Reports To: The Command & General Staff
- Attends Command & General Staff Meetings and participate actively
- Works with the MRCKC Vice-Chair and Volunteer Coordinator to draft agendas for MRCKC Co-Chair and Command & General Staff meetings
- Represents the MRCKC Command & General Staff on related MRCKC Subcommittees
- Represents the MRCKC Command & General Staff on RHSCC Subcommittees and regional planning events as needed
- Works with the MRCKC Vice-Chair and MRCKC Advisory Committee, to provide leadership to Subcommittee and Task force Chairs
- Works with the MRCKC Command & General Staff to assign At-Large Members roles and responsibilities
- Works with the MRCKC Command & General Staff to appoint liaisons to MRCKC and RHSCC/MEMC Committees and Subcommittees
- Acts as a liaison to Voluntary Disaster Response Organizations, Emergency Management Agencies, Public Health Departments and any additional stakeholders in the Kansas City Metro Region
- Participates in at least two MRCKC Events per calendar year. Events must be open to all trained MRCKC Volunteers and cannot be an MRCKC Command & General Staff or Work group meeting. Examples include but are not limited to: Community outreach events, training, workshops, and regional exercises.
- Responds to requests for information via telecommunications within 48-hours of receipt for non-urgent messages and within 12-hours of receipt for urgent messages
- Acts as a liaison between the Command & General Staff, COI/ EP and MARC management and communicates concerns of the Command & General Staff and MRCKC members to the leadership team
- Acts as a liason between the Command & General Staff and City of Independence/Emergency Preparedness management and communicates concerns of the Executive Committee and MRCKC members to the COI/EP leadership team.
- Attends and participates in appropriate local, regional, state and national meetings events including seminars, training, and conferences as a representative of MRCKC
- Provides oversight and supervision to the MRCKC Volunteer Coordinator to ensure governance and compliance issues are dealt with in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Oversees the functions delegated to the committees and monitors the committees’ work to see that these functions are carried out and results are reported to the Command & General Staff
- Provides leadership to the Command & General Staff, encouraging the Staff’s role in planning, financial accountability, and evaluation of program performance
- Works to build a strong, effective and well balanced Command & General Staff; supporting committees and assisting with succession planning
- Completion of all training required of MRCKC Volunteers
- A commitment to the value and mission of the MRCKC
- Knowledge, experience and appreciation for the work of volunteers
- Comprehensive understanding of how the MRCKC integrates into the KC Metro Region
- Comprehensive understanding of Regional Homeland Security Coordination Committee structure, policies and methods of operation
- Knowledge of KC Metro Regional Emergency Planning initiatives
- Knowledge of KC Metro Regional Public Health Planning initiatives
- Knowledge of KC Metro Regional Disaster Volunteer initiatives
- Positive working relationship with KC Metro stakeholders and ability to demonstrate diplomacy when working with local, state and federal planning and response partners
- Ability to pass a City of Independence background check
For more information about the Medical Reserve Corps of Greater Kansas City, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.